[BioCatalogue-developers] some note after running through the test site

Jiten Bhagat jits at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 06:51:39 EST 2009

Franck,

Franck Tanoh wrote:
>>> 8-is soaplab improvement or complex type service metadata support part
>>> of this release? didn't notice anything new

> Or we could simply remove and re-submit if it's too much hassle.

We would lose all the annotations on the services if we did this.

> I've noticed that when you search for service the default view is
> 'simple view' but when you browse the default is the 'advance view'.
> For Consistency, can we have one default view. If we want to keep the
> simple view as default can we display more than 1 service description
> + the source.

The main point of doing this 'simple view' work was to improve the
performance of the search results page AND provide a much less cluttered
view. If I start adding more than 1 service description and sources then
we'll very quickly get back to what we had for the 'detailed view'.

In terms of the defaults for consistency - note that the site remembers
which view you last used, so consistency can easily be broken by the
user. In any case I could change the default view for search to be the
'detailed view' initially, but I doubt that people will then ever use
the simple view...

Jits