[BioCatalogue-developers] link on the home page

Jiten Bhagat jits at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Dec 11 11:10:05 EST 2009

Eric,

Eric Nzuobontane wrote:

>> Whoops, I spoke too soon - I was talking about something else.
>>
>> The  "Click here for more information about the BioCatalogue project"
>> link points to http://www.biocatalogue.org/wiki which should redirect to
>> the wiki. So it's something wrong with the set up at the EBI.
>>
> System are making quite a few changes and this has affected some
> services included this wiki. I have spoken to the system guys and the
> redirect that was there before has now been restored.

Great, thanks.

>> And this also means that the "About Us" link has not been working
>> lately. If you consider that the Contact Us page hasn't been working
>> either then this is really bad :-( as no one has been able to find out
>> about the project nor easily contact us!!
>>
> Again, the wiki change only happened in the last day or so. For the
> contact form, we hard issues with recaptcha and that was the reason
> why a bespoke solution was tried on the server but maybe was not fully
> tested.

The issue with the contact form was that manual changes to the contact
form view were made on the live server to disable the recaptcha code.
Thomas then implemented another solution, so the controller logic had
changed, but when a code update was done on the live server the contact
form view was in a state of conflict and thus was not the latest one
from the codebase, and thus is would fail when someone tried to submit
feedback. That's my understanding of the situation. Moral of the story -
let's NEVER modify code directly on the live server...

Jits