[Backgroundrb-devel] Questions raised during the upgrade to the latest backgroundrb

Flavio Castelli flavio at castelli.name
Wed Oct 7 13:38:15 EDT 2009

I'm upgrading my code to the latest version of backgroundrb. I was
still running a really old version of backgroundrb.

I have created a FooWorker class which inherits BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker.
I instantiate it in this way:
MiddleMan.new_worker(:worker => :foo_worker, :worker_key => key, :data => args)

Then I start the background job in this way:
@job = MiddleMan.worker( :foo_worker, key)
@job.async_really_long_job

Everything is working fine but I've some questions:
How can I retrieve the instance of the running job from other parts of the code?
How can I get the "start_time" attribute? I have tried to to access
the trigger attribute of MetaWorker but it doesn't reply (I waited
some minutes than I interrupted irb).

Thanks in advance
Flavio