[Backgroundrb-devel] How to make the UNIXSocket work on Windows

Justin Wood justin.wood at trifectagis.com
Mon Nov 30 23:32:18 EST 2009

I did a lot of messing around and installed cygwin and that worked.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM, harini iyer <harini.r.iyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Win32-utils doesnt seem to have an interface for sockets. When I give the
> 'ruby script/backgroundrb start' , I got an error in master_packet.rb saying
> that UNIXSocket unimplemented. This was understood since I am working on
> Windows Vista. However, I tried Socket.socketpair which did not work either.
> Is there a workaround for this?
> Is there a patch available for starting the backgroundrb server on windows?
> I installed the win32-utils and I am still stuck on the UNIXSocket.pair()
> error in the packet module.
>
> Thank You,
> Harini

Justin Wood
Senior Software Architect

New Zealand Office,
57 Wellington Street,
Freemans Bay,
Auckland,
New Zealand

M  +64 27 225 0749  |  P   +64 9 370 0168  |  F   +64 9 361 6504
E   justin.wood at trifectagis.com  |  Free:    0800 trifecta
Skype:  nztrifecta

www.trifectagis.com