[Backgroundrb-devel] How to make the UNIXSocket work on Windows

harini iyer harini.r.iyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:19:13 EST 2009

Win32-utils doesnt seem to have an interface for sockets. When I give the
'ruby script/backgroundrb start' , I got an error in master_packet.rb saying
that UNIXSocket unimplemented. This was understood since I am working on
Windows Vista. However, I tried Socket.socketpair which did not work either.
Is there a workaround for this?
Is there a patch available for starting the backgroundrb server on windows?
I installed the win32-utils and I am still stuck on the UNIXSocket.pair()
error in the packet module.

Thank You,