[Backgroundrb-devel] What is backgroundrb doing?

Max Williams toastkid.williams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:49:13 EST 2009

I experienced this - i added these lines to my worker classes to make them
log properly

  BDRB_LOGGER = Logger.new("log/backgroundrb.log")
  STANDARD_LOGGER = Logger.new("log/#{RAILS_ENV}.log")

  def ldb(debug_text)
    string = "### #{caller[0]}: #{debug_text}"
    BDRB_LOGGER.debug(string)
    STANDARD_LOGGER.debug(string)
  end

 The ldb method can be called anywhere like this

ldb "starting heavy_lifting job, arg_hash = #{arg_hash.inspect}"