[Backgroundrb-devel] A pre-install question.

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:50:26 EDT 2009

I was working on creating my own background/scheduled job code but it seems
like a waste given how much work you guys have put into this project.   I
would much rather use your code than to code it all up myself.

Having said that I would like to know if the following is possible.

In my current setup I put the jobs that need to get run into a table tagged
with the user is of the person who is logged in along with the ID of their
company.  This allows me to build a page a page where the user can check up
on his jobs, see if any of them errored out (I put the error code or results
in the table) and resubmit them if needed.

In my setup the scheduled jobs go into another table and the proccessor
merely pumps jobs into the jobs queue on a scheduled basis so they can see
how their scheduled jobs worked out too.

This allows me to let the users schedule their own jobs (from a dropdown of
course) and check up on them.

Is it possible to achieve something similar with backgroundrb?