[Backgroundrb-devel] 2nd job submitted never runs

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:34:04 EDT 2009

2009/3/13 Don McClean <d-mcclean at ti.com>:
> I am using backgroundrb with rails and have a problem if I submit two jobs
> to be handled and the 2nd job is submitted before the first job is complete.
> The 2nd job is never worked on, although in the database table, it is marked
> as
> taken.
>
> I have a single worker which is created at rails startup. I am enquing the
> task. I had thought the
> the 2nd job would be in a queue and would be worked on after
> the first job is done. Am I wrong? Do I need to create a pool?
>
> I am using Oracle with rails 2.1.2
>
> I set the allow_concurrency = false
> in the 3 places I found it set to true in the backgroundrb code, per
> the FAQ, but it did not seem to matter.

Unforunately, I never had opportunity to test job queues with Oracle
DB. Your best bet is to test your code with sqlite/mysql and see if
you are still having the problem. However if 2nd job never ran it
sounds like a problem with the code of first job that blocked the
worker forever. Can you paste your worker code?