[Backgroundrb-devel] timeout resp. handling of crash situations

Tobias Overkamp tov-backgroundrb at overkamp.org
Thu Mar 12 10:43:49 EDT 2009

Hi,
(hope this is not a double post but I assume I have sent the first
message from the wrong email address).

I'm quite new to BackgroundRB but want to make use of it now in a
project.
One thing I currently don't get (into my mind):

What will happen if a worker (handled by the backgroundrb-Daemon) will
die, crash, halt (perhaps due to power failure or similar things) during
execution?
I want to make use of the "enq_method" call to make sure that no request
will get lost but I can not see any mechanism for a housekeeping after a
crash. Do I miss something or do I have to query the database directly?

Hope this is not an FAQ but I could not find any related queries/answers
on Google etc.

Best regards,

Tobias.