[Backgroundrb-devel] Doing max of N tasks per given time

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:26:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Jonathan Wallace
<jonathan.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a great point.  In a 5 minute google search, I couldn't find anything
> about qmail or postfix being able to rate limit out of the box but I did
> find that exim could.
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch39.html#SECTratelimiting

Actually, one of the benefits of the running his own mail server is
that he should be able to skip his ISP's mail server entirely, thereby
eliminating the rate limit entirely (unless his ISP is blocking
outbound SMTP traffic, which is possible).

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com