[Backgroundrb-devel] Doing max of N tasks per given time

Chad Thatcher chad.thatcher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:14:30 EST 2009

Exim is an excellent choice imho.  I've used it for years and its
solid and very simple to configure (well, by comparison to sendmail
anyway).  In fact it was based originally on sendmail source code, if
I remember correctly, and one of the main goals of the Exim creator(s)
was to eliminate the awful sendmail configuration.

Once you have passed the message to exim it enters the mail queue and
that has been impervious to sudden server crashes/reboots etc. since
the dawn of email :).  In any event, troubleshooting/diagnosing/
queuing mail with your own homegrown solution is reinventing the wheel
as someone already said.  A homegrown solution isn't going to be any
more resilient then the tried an tested mailq.  IMHO the best way to
ensure that the mail got there is to use receipts.

Anyway thats my 2c. :)

Chad.