[Backgroundrb-devel] Doing max of N tasks per given time

Jonathan Wallace jonathan.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:52:13 EST 2009

Jack,

That's a great point.  In a 5 minute google search, I couldn't find anything
about qmail or postfix being able to rate limit out of the box but I did
find that exim could.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch39.html#SECTratelimiting

The only question in my mind is, does the database email queue provide
persistence that an email server would not?  And how important is such
things to the OP.  I'm not familiar enough with SMTP servers to know what
happens during a server reboot what happens to queued mail.

Cheers,
 Jonathan