[Backgroundrb-devel] Hello to the group

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:57:49 EST 2009

That data is in write Queue of master worker. It can't be meaningfully
extracted to provide how many tasks are in the queue. Put it other
way, its not even in a Queue in traditional sense. Data is just there
in a buffer so that master will write it to the socket when socket is
ready for write.

If you want Queue. You will have either use enq_xxx stuff or provide a
sugar around asyc_index() method so as actual method is not directly
called but is added to the thread pool (thread_pool.defer), this way
you can query how many tasks are there in thread pool queue.

However word "thread" comes with its own meaning and associated
crapiness in ruby, so beware.

http://gnufied.org