[Backgroundrb-devel] Hello to the group

Chad Thatcher chad.thatcher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:05:41 EST 2009

Hello everyone.

I am making several asynchronous calls to one particular method in my
worker like this:

MiddleMan.worker(:reindex_worker).async_reindex(:arg => options)

If I call this several times in a row, all subsequent calls are put in
a queue and I would like to be able to keep track of this.  The
behavior is perfect because I only ever want reindex() running once at
any one time but I would like to be able to show my users where in the
queue their request is.  Is there any way to view what async calls are
lined up?  The worker_info stuff doesn't seem to give away any details
like this.

I also thought about using "enq_" to schedule but is there a way to
specify that the trigger is the completion of the previous scheduled
instance and so on?  Or is the scheduling purely time based?

Kind regards,