[Backgroundrb-devel] Results from worker are not available until after worker is completed

Jonathan Donaldson jonathan at column3.net
Wed Jan 7 10:45:56 EST 2009

Sorry if this hit twice, my mailer was using the .com version of my
email address not the .net one I signed up with:

Using Backgroundrb pulled from github yesterday, and rails 2.2.2.

In my worker, I send lots of progress back as I step through the
tasks, ie:

@items.each do |itm|

...stuff happens here

@results[:created_items] += 1
cache[some_key] = @results

in next loop:

@ results[:errors] = "Error on Item 4",
cache[some_key] = @results

when I call ask_result on the worker, I get nil back until after the
worker is completely done, then I get my results....

ideas? This is to drive a progress bar and other 'realtime' feedback...

Jonathan Donaldson
Partner, Column3 LLC.
jonathan at column3.com