[Backgroundrb-devel] Problems Reading ask_result in controller

Cameron Westland cameron at bigbangtechnology.com
Mon Jan 5 12:22:47 EST 2009

Hey Folks,

I am running Rails 2.1.1 and am having problems getting a result from
ask_result in my controller:

'abc123').ask_result("percent_complete") is returning nil

I am creating my worker like this:

	MiddleMan.new_worker(:worker => :uploader_worker, :worker_key =>

	worker = MiddleMan.worker(:uploader_worker, 'abc123')
	worker.async_upload(:arg => files_to_upload)

When I run the above command in script/console I get a return value

	-> 14

I am using periodically_call_remote to call my controller action.

Oh and I'm using memcache to store the data in cache.

Really lost here why the controller can't access the data.

Big Bang Technology Inc.