[Backgroundrb-devel] MiddleMan.new_worker => nil

Felix Holmgren felix.holmgren at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:54:19 EST 2009

I've been checking out all the async gems and plugins for Rails, and
decided to give BackgroundRb a shot. Unfortunately, I've not even been
able to get past the initial stages.

Whenever I call MiddleMan.new_worker, it invariably returns nil. The
log file remains empty.

I've only tried this from the console so far. If I can't even do this
successfully, I'm in no mood to try to start to write code,

I've followed the example instructions to the letter, and confirmed
that the BGRB server is running, as well as my Mongrel. I'm running on
Leopard.

Rails 2.2.2
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback on
this fast. Otherwise I'll have to drop BackgroundRb and go with a
hand-made, simpler scheme for now, as the deadline for my project is
very close (basically, like NOW).

Many thanks!