[Backgroundrb-devel] CPU/Memory usage of BackgroundDrb

Christian Billen cbillen at warmlyyours.com
Thu Feb 5 15:43:08 EST 2009

Hi there,

Well I disabled the schedule for all the workers, so all i have left in
backgrounddrb.yml is

When I start backgrounddrb on Ubuntu 8.10 I get the 4-5% cpu humming on
packetworker and backgrounddrb.  I get this issue also on my rails app
running on Mac OS X 10.5

This is all I have in my backgrounddrb.yml:

:backgroundrb:
  :ip: 0.0.0.0
  :port: 11006

gem versions:

rails (2.2.2)
packet (0.1.14)
chronic (0.2.3)

Background drb installed from

sudo ./script/plugin install git://github.com/gnufied/backgroundrb.git

Since no background drb workers are running at all I do not know how to
profile this as you suggest.

Where else could look to determine where this is coming from?

Thank you

Christian Billen
Director of IT
Warmlyyours.com, inc.

Phone: (800) 875-5285 ext.800
Fax:      (847) 550-2600
Email:   cbillen at warmlyyours.com

WarmlyYours
Honeywell authorized licensee
2 Corporate Dr., Suite 100
Long Grove, Illinois 60047

Visit the WarmlyYours website at: www.warmlyyours.com

24/7 Installation Support • Lifetime Technical Assistance • Free Design
Service
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.