[Backgroundrb-devel] TimeZone

Adam Williams adam at thewilliams.ws
Thu Dec 3 09:27:32 EST 2009

Ah, in that case, you can use:

  Time.use_zone('Pacific Time (US & Canada)') do
    ...work...
  end

Or, you can have a different environment, like environments/backgroundrb.rb, which is a copy of environments/production.rb, except that you:

  config.time_zone = 'Pacific Time (US & Canada)'

Of course, whatever you start backgroundrb with, you'll need to ensure that you use that environment. Could be problematic if you have other code that checks Rails.env.production?.

HTH,

   Adam Williams