[Backgroundrb-devel] Ruby with cygwin for backgroundrb

Justin Wood justin.wood at trifectagis.com
Tue Dec 1 14:16:29 EST 2009

Treat it like a completely separate environment do gem installs and updates
just like you would a new machine and that should get you there.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:13 AM, harini iyer <harini.r.iyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> So I finally gave up trying to start the start the backgroundrb server
> on windows and I am trying to use Cygwin. However, I keep bumping into
> errors. I installed ruby (one click installer) amd rubygems0.9.3. But
> when i do a ruby setup.rb to install gems, it throws an error saying
> taht the ruby_version variable might be uninitialized <NoMethodError>.
> I have no idea how to proceed in order to make this backgroundrb work
> on cygwin.
> If there are any users who have made it work on cygwin, could you
> please tell me which version of ruby and gems are needed and how do i
> install them (coz apparently, i am just hitting errors all the time).
> Thank You,
> Harini

Justin Wood
Senior Software Architect

New Zealand Office,
57 Wellington Street,
Freemans Bay,
New Zealand

M  +64 27 225 0749  |  P   +64 9 370 0168  |  F   +64 9 361 6504
E   justin.wood at trifectagis.com  |  Free:    0800 trifecta
Skype:  nztrifecta