[Backgroundrb-devel] How to make the UNIXSocket work on Windows

James Harrison james at balvedastudios.com
Tue Dec 1 05:34:54 EST 2009

Depending on what you intend to deploy on (If you're thinking of using
Windows for a production environment, perhaps reconsider- everything is
more difficult on Windows, including security, maintainence, updates,
etc. Willing to have your production box offline for an hour each month
to do Windows Update?). You can run both Apache and MySQL on Unix quite
easily, without the assistance of InstantRails. They are by themselves
standalone projects, and both in their element on Unix systems. There's
a crapload of how-tos out there if you need to learn, and you can always
get a Linux server set up in a virtualized environment to play with (I
recommend Ubuntu Server or Debian Server quite highly).

James Harrison