[Backgroundrb-devel] script/backgroundrb updates

Woody Peterson woody at crystalcommerce.com
Mon Apr 13 22:45:25 EDT 2009

I need lsb compliant start/stop scripts so I can successfully use
things like monit and heartbeat, so I updated backgroundrb's newer
start/stop module to be more lsb compliant. Specifically, my version
1) responds to status and restart 2) start cleans the old pidfile in
case of dead/crased process, and 3) made stop exit 0 if already stopped.

Also, unrelated to lsb compliance but really handy, I moved require
statements and the environment load to only the start method, so all
other actions (ex. stop, status) happen immediately without loading
all of rails.

http://github.com/woahdae/backgroundrb/tree/master

If you're looking to cherry-pick, its in two commits,
f0b41bc444e48da37e1e1efe45582e15c1163e3d and
2e9bde9294b020e0589ab4e696db20ef29b6f9d3

Hope this helps someone,

-Woody