[Backgroundrb-devel] version numbering policy

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:43:29 EDT 2008

IMHO, the amount of changes that happen from one release to the next
should warrant much bigger version numbering changes.  E.g. I am in
the process of upgrading from (I think) 1.0.1 to 1.0.4, and had to do
a substantial amount of poring over code and making changes due to API
changes.  It seems to me that that amount of changes in the codebase
should at least warrant a bump to 1.1.  I guess that to my way of
thinking, a change in the first number should indicate major changes
in a project's structure or direction, a change in the the second
number should indicate significant functional additions, changes, or
API changes, while a change in the third number should really just be
about bug-fixes and minor enhancements.  What do the rest of you

// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com