[Backgroundrb-devel] ask_work

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:33:08 EDT 2008

I'm working on upgrading to the latest backgroundrb (from svn, not the
bleeding edge from github), and have been able to work through each
problem I've encountered until this.

I've got a set of workers running, and one 'master' worker that
assigns them tasks like this:

      MiddleMan.ask_work(:worker=>worker, :job_key=>job_key,
:worker_method=>:work_wrapper)

(worker and job_key are references to already-existing workers)

In the latest version this doesn't work, I get this at the top of my backtrace:

undefined method `ask_work' for #<BackgrounDRb::ClusterConnection:0x20a2f4c>

So now that the ask_work method is gone, what's the right way for me
to do this?  I've looked through the documentation on the website and
haven't seen anything that deals with this usage.

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com