[Backgroundrb-devel] trouble stopping backgroundrb

Woody Peterson woody at crystalcommerce.com
Wed Sep 17 16:14:18 EDT 2008

I too have been having the same issue. Every time I try to restart
backgroundrb after an update to our application (about once a day), I
have to forcefully kill it myself. However, I haven't been able to
reproduce it in a controlled setting. After I kill and start it, it
all works ok. I tried killing packet_worker processes (even with -9),
but it still shuts down correctly on the stop command. I'll let it run
for a while and try tomorrow, but has anyone been able to predictably
reproduce the issue?

(debian etch, packet 0.1.10)