[Backgroundrb-devel] Backgroundrb incompatible with acts_as_readyonlyable?

Brent Hargrave brent.hargrave at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 17:07:44 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've setup MySQL replication using acts_as_readonlyable.  The thin servers
work fine, as does backgroundrb on non-read-only models.  However, when it
tries to read an ActiveRecord model that is "acts-as_readonlyable", I get
the following error: ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished.  To reiterate,
I'm pretty sure it's not my configuration because the core rails app works
as expected, as does backgroundrb for non-replicated models.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know what may be the cause of
it?  Here's a gist of the backtrace:

Note; I'm running rails 2.0.2 and a backgroundrb version from a little after
2008-02-28 (last changelog update).  I have not upgraded since then for
stability reasons.