[Backgroundrb-devel] Performance problems running Prawn under BackgrounDRb

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:19:32 EDT 2008

I have a RoR application which I'm using Prawn via BackgrounDRb to
generate PDF's.  I've determined there seems to be a 5-6x performance
hit compared to running Prawn directly as a script from the command
line (~12sec to 60+sec) on my OS X system.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve performance?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/