[Backgroundrb-devel] Get a unique job id back when enqueing a task

Max Williams toastkid.williams at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:29:01 EST 2008

This is a simple question, but i can't find the answer on the internets.  Is
there a way, when putting a job into the job queue, to get back an object
for the BdrbJobQueue record that is created?  (or at least its id)

I need to pass a simple id around my app that will always relate to a
specific job.  At the moment i'm doing this by making a unique job key
string and using that to create and track the job, but it's a clumsy
approach and i'd rather just use the id from the db table, which i would
pull from the new job object.  Assuming i can get it back.

Thanks for the help, bdrbheads.  ;-)