[Backgroundrb-devel] Invalid worker with name [worker name] and key

Jack Nutting jnutting at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 03:48:24 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Ramon Tayag <ramon.tayag at gmail.com> wrote:

> I decided to restart my cluster (mongrels and backgroundrb
> server) and tried to send again.  It worked.  What causes this
> problem?  And what can I do so that I'll be notified when this problem
> arises?

I have a similar problem occurring occasionally under heavy load, which
leads to the whole backgroundrb system crashing.  I've configured monit to
restart backgroundrb if it goes down, which is "good enough" for me at the
moment (but still somewhat unsatisfying since it is more of a band-aid than
a cure).

// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com