[Backgroundrb-devel] Problems sending large results withbackgroundrb

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Sat May 24 11:13:25 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 15:49 +0100, Mike Evans wrote:
> Hemant
>
> I fixed a minor bug that means the code is now getting the right file
> name, but object file is still failing to load.
>
> The fix is to change the regular expression used to process the
> Marshal.load exception is MasterWorker::load_data from
>
>       if error_msg =~ /^undefined.+([A-Z]\w+)/

>       if error_msg =~ /^undefined.+ ([A-Z]\w+)/
>
> The extra space forces it to take the whole of the last word in the
> error message, not the just the last capital onward.
>
> I suspect the issue I'm now seeing is because the MasterWorker class
> doesn't load the Rails environment.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Yeah, Mike, When I saw your mail I knew that there is some problem with
that piece of regexp. Now, rails environment IS getting loaded in master
worker, but somehow, autoloading of models is not working from master
class (although, it works from workers alright) and hence my own hand
rolled mechanism of autoloading models. I have no idea, from top of my
head, why thats happening, but expect a fix soon ( or a patch is more
than welcome ).