[Backgroundrb-devel] Queuing in backgroundrb, is it possible?

Glenn Gillen glenn.gillen at gmail.com
Wed May 21 06:59:11 EDT 2008

Hey all,

I've been playing with backgroundrb for a while but I've never had to
worry about this particular scenario.

We have a process that can take a while (<30secs) to return results so
it needs to be moved off of the standard rails stack and into
backgroundrb land (easy, and essentially done). However, we can't
tolerate the possibility that any more than 5 concurrent requests are
sent to this service, is there a way to have backgroundrb throttle
concurrency and queue and back up any further jobs until a slot is