[Backgroundrb-devel] uninitialized constant BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker (NameError)

Atul Veer - BetterLabs atul.veer at betterlabs.net
Mon May 19 03:00:05 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using backgroundrb to receive emails in my rails app. But I am unable
to start the Backgroundrb server. After doing this:

$ ./script/backgroundrb/start

I am getting following error:

———————————————————————————————
vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:263:in
`load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker
(NameError)
from
/home/shashank/atul/live_apps/7_qlubb/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:452:in
`const_missing'
from
./script/backgroundrb/../../config/../lib/workers/mailreceiver_worker.rb:3

——————————————————————————-

Here is my worker: mailreceiver_worker.rb

require 'rubygems'
require 'pop_ssl'

# Error is on following line
class MailreceiverWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker

set_worker_name :mailreceiver_worker

def create(args = nil)
# this method is called, when worker is loaded for the first time

end

def receive_emails

# I am receiving emails here. and using models here.
end

I tried running some examples, and found that worker with do_work are
starting but those derived from MetaWorker are not.

I am using latest back-drb release.

Can anyone pl help me out of this?

Thanks in advance.

Atul.