[Backgroundrb-devel] uninitialized constant BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker (NameError)

Atul Veer - BetterLabs atul.veer at betterlabs.net
Mon May 19 03:00:05 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using backgroundrb to receive emails in my rails app. But I am unable
to start the Backgroundrb server. After doing this:

$ ./script/backgroundrb/start

I am getting following error:

`load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker

Here is my worker: mailreceiver_worker.rb

require 'rubygems'
require 'pop_ssl'

# Error is on following line
class MailreceiverWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker

set_worker_name :mailreceiver_worker

def create(args = nil)
# this method is called, when worker is loaded for the first time

def receive_emails

# I am receiving emails here. and using models here.

I tried running some examples, and found that worker with do_work are
starting but those derived from MetaWorker are not.

I am using latest back-drb release.

Can anyone pl help me out of this?

Thanks in advance.