[Backgroundrb-devel] Storing worker driven rails logging in worker log file?

John O'Shea joshea at nooked.com
Fri May 2 14:23:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,
	We have a few workers that kick off at scheduled intervals or to do
some user driven long running tasks asynchronously.  At the moment
when the workers start working with AR model objects, all of the Rails
logging ends up in the default rails environment log file
(develolopment/prodiction.log).
	Does anyone have any tips for getting rails to append to a separate
worker log file?  We'd like to keep the rails logging in a separate
file so that we can easily find it later - mixed into the main rails
log it can be difficult to figure out which log entries are as a
result of controller actions doing their work and which are being
driven by workers.

Thanks for any tips,

John.