[Backgroundrb-devel] State of backgroundrb (dupe?)

Morten Primdahl primdahl at mac.com
Fri Mar 21 14:04:50 EDT 2008

Hi, pardon if this is a duplicate mail, I forgot to click the
subscription link the first time around.

I've been using backgroundrb for a while now (older version) and I've
had so many headaches because of it that I began looking for a
replacement technology. And then I saw the new and shiny backgroundrb
website, looking good!

Initially I used the version maintained by skaar, but had some long
forgotten issues. On Ezras recommendation, I changed to the latest
version he did (a downgrade so to speak), and this has been okay, but
we see some connectivity issues with that once it's been running for a
while, eg. druby:// - #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED:
Connection refused - connect(2)>

So, I'm here to ask, what's the state of backgroundrb 1.0.3? How much
has changed since Herman took over? Is it ready for production and
rock solid? Or should I go look for something else?