[Backgroundrb-devel] regarding problem backgroundrb setup(new to ruby on rails)

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at greenriver.org
Tue Mar 18 10:50:19 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Bishnuprasaditpradipta Narayan Das
<Bishnuprasaditpradipta_Das at mindtree.com> wrote:

<snip>

> B-It do not know how to build task  'backgroundrb:setup'

ok, so it's not installed correctly. Looking at the backgroundrb site,
http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org, the correct url for svn is
http://svn.devjavu.com/backgroundrb/trunk, so that's probably the
first thing you should fix. It sounds like you're using an older
version, which will be harder for anyone to support since it's
deprecated.

> 4: actually I have gem version  1.1.2 .i do not know whether it supports or
> not. I am using radrails.and webrick server and for database heidisql.

It looks like HeidiSQL is just a frontend to MySQL. I'd recommend
using MySQL directly, since all the tutorials assume you're doing
that, and it'll be easier to get people to help you if you're using
the standard stuff. That being said, use whatever gets the job done,
just don't expect anyone to be able to help with HeidiSQL-specific
problems.

HTH
-ISH