[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:18:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 08:49 +0000, Anthony Underwood wrote:
> Hi Hemant,
>
> Thanks for your help. How would it work if I have more than one rails
> application accessing the backgroundrb server. Would I have both rails
> apps on the background server and start the backgroundrb script in
> both applications?

Out of box, you can't/shouldn't access same backgroundrb server from two
different rails application( i.e entirely different rails application,
you can very well access backgroundrb server from any instances of same
rails applications).

So, If you want to have more than one rails application (that's to say
with different code base) using same bdrb server, you will have to setup
rails environment of bdrb server so as models/libs/plugins used in both
applications are present in bdrb server's rails instance.This is tricky
and I won't advise you to go with this.

However, you can have two instances of bdrb servers, running on same
machine, but different ports, being used from different rails
applications.