[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:50:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 16:26 +0000, Anthony Underwood wrote:
> I am also interested in doing the same (2 servers running mongrels
> (IPs 158.119.147.x and 158.119.147.y) with another server (IP
> 158.119.147.z) running background jobs).
> To clarify I would have the rails apps on both x and y with the
> backgroundrb.yml file specifying 158.119.147.z).

Yes that would certainly work!

> What would I need on the backgroundrb server- just the backgroundrb
> script?
> Would I also need a backgroundrb.yml file on this machine and does the
> IP here specify which machines to accept backgroundrb jobs from -
> would I set this to 158.119.147.0?
> How would I start the backgroundrb script on the background job
> server?

What you will need on BackgrounDRb server is the backgroundrb.yml file
and your rails application ( because you want access to your rails
environment in BackgrounDRB workers ). You won't need to run any
mongrels on that machine and on machines running mongrels you can just
point ip of BackgrounDRB server in backgroundrb.yml file and it should
suffice. Let us know, how it goes for you!