[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

Anthony Underwood email2ants at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:26:57 EDT 2008

I am also interested in doing the same (2 servers running mongrels
(IPs 158.119.147.x and 158.119.147.y) with another server (IP
158.119.147.z) running background jobs).
To clarify I would have the rails apps on both x and y with the
backgroundrb.yml file specifying 158.119.147.z).

What would I need on the backgroundrb server- just the backgroundrb
script?
Would I also need a backgroundrb.yml file on this machine and does the
IP here specify which machines to accept backgroundrb jobs from -
would I set this to 158.119.147.0?
How would I start the backgroundrb script on the background job server?

Thanks for all your help

Anthony