[Backgroundrb-devel] Loading an array of MiddleMen

Vanson Samuel vansonsamuel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:48:41 EDT 2008

I am currently working on a project that requires multiple rails
applications (lets call them consumers, since they will consume
requests) to exposes long running services that will be executed from
a management rails application (the producer of the requests).  To do
this BackgrounDrb was installed on all the consumers and the producer.
 BackgrounDrb was configured to on each of the consumers and the
configuration files were copied over to the producer.  This is where I
run into a problem, there can only be one MiddleMan on the producer.
In version .99 of BackgrounDrb I got over this hurdle by passing in
the configuration file path to BackgrounDrb.initialize.  I would then
instantiate and array of MiddleMen using the modified class.  I want
to do the same thing again for the new version.  Only this time I am
hoping that my changes will be merged into the trunk.  Please see the
attached patch and let me know if this is possible.

- Vanson