[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

Noah Horton noah at rapouts.com
Wed Mar 12 19:29:45 EDT 2008

Then I would make the default yml file have a comment above the default saying "This doesn't work on MacOS, you can use but it will allow open network connections too".

I would wager that 80%+ of BackgroundRB deployments have not secured this since the security implications are not noted at all.  This seems really dangerous.

On 3/12/08 3:52 PM, "hemant kumar" <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 14:43 -0700, Noah Horton wrote:
> Wait - the default config used in all the examples has the
> backgroundrb workers listening to connections from all public
> interfaces?  That seems like a really risky thing.  Perhaps the
> examples should all get updated to 'localhost'.

Except 'localhost' doesn't work on Mac OSX from my experience.