[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

Noah Horton noah at rapouts.com
Wed Mar 12 16:47:42 EDT 2008

Is there any config to get the backgroundrb instances to listen to requests from any machine besides localhost?

On 3/12/08 1:39 PM, "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Noah Horton <noah at rapouts.com> wrote:

>  I want to setup another machine, D, such that it runs nothing but
> BackgroundRB.  All of the mongrels on all the machines (A, B and C) would
> call into the single instance of BackgroundRB on D.  Is this possible?

Yes that is possible and in fact as far as I know it is the preferred
approach. All you need is to have the IP address or server name for
the common BackgrounDRb server in a single backroundrb.yml file, which
all the other machines will use. If they are all the same application
code (which I assume they are), then you can just change the
backgroundrb.yml file in your source control tool and then update all
your servers.

Regards,
Ryan