[Backgroundrb-devel] Using the ip flag

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:21:37 EDT 2008

Hi Noah,

Sorry for late reply, I have been terribly busy with my day job and now
catching up on mails.

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 15:31 -0700, Noah Horton wrote:
> Hey All,
>   I am looking for an example of the proper config settings for
> background rb to run my rails app and my backgroundrb instance on
> separate machines (or more precisely, to have a rails cluster with one
> backgroundrb machine).  Does anyone have such examples?

Okay, so you need one BackgrounDRb server for each machine so as mongrel
clusters running on that machine has access to BackgrounDRb server
running on that machine?

If yes, you can simply use "0.0.0.0" as ip, and your mongrels running on
that machine will only use BackgrounDRb server running on that machine.

Also, I will advise you to use MemCache cluster for storing
status/result objects so as even if next request goes to mongrels
running on another machine, you will have access to result objects from
another BackgrounDRb server. I dunno, if I am answering your questions,
but if you have doubt shoot back.