[Backgroundrb-devel] Vlad the Deployer??

Eric Pugh epugh at opensourceconnections.com
Fri Mar 7 14:50:04 EST 2008

I discovered when I dropped from my production environment my "dev"
database that background rb keeps starting using Development!

This is what my Vlad rake task looks like:

   remote_task :start_app, :roles => :app do
     run "cd #{current_path}; ./script/backgroundrb start -e production"
   end

I noticed also I kept having a development.log file created, so I
hacked around a bit and discovered that I can never get backgroundrb
to start with in anything but "development" mode.

I added some debugging to bdrb_config.rb and can confirm that
"production" is what is being passed in...  And my main Mongrel
processes are all running in "production" mode as well..  Just not
sure how the backgroundrb isn't getting the production setting!