[Backgroundrb-devel] email on error

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at greenriver.org
Thu Mar 6 15:30:51 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to use exception_notification to alert me
of any error in bdrb. I'm not quite sure how bdrb handles errors,
though. It seems like implementing ExceptionNotifiable in my worker
class would catch any worker errors (maybe). But what if bdrb fails
before it loads the worker, or there some other internal bdrb error?
It seems to catch everything and put it in backgroundrb_debug.log, is
it possible to exploit whatever hook that uses?

I'll play around with it and RTFS, but I was just hoping someone might
have some prior experience with this.

Thanks,
Ian