[Backgroundrb-devel] Vlad the Deployer??

Alex Peuchert rubyonrails-ug at peuchert.de
Wed Mar 5 01:53:53 EST 2008

Eric Pugh wrote:
> I've been playing around with Vlad the deployer, and quite like it.
> However, has anyone used it to stop/start background rb processes via
> the ./script/backgroundrb script?
>
> Eric

Hi Eric, I use vlad and have the following in my deploy.rb file:

namespace :vlad do
  desc "Restart the backgroundrb server"
  remote_task :start_app, :roles => :app do
    run "cd #{current_path}; ./script/backgroundrb start -e #{RAILS_ENV}"
  end

  desc "Stop the backgroundrb server"
  remote_task :stop_app, :roles => :app do
    run "cd #{current_path}; ./script/backgroundrb stop"

-Alex