[Backgroundrb-devel] [ANN] BackgrounDRb 1.0.3 release ( Requiem for a dream )

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:36:53 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

BackgrounDRb 1.0.3 is available now. This release contains several bug
fixes, cleanups, test case coverage and brand new documentation.

A brief ChangeLog:

2008-02-28  hemant kumar  <hemant at shire>

	* fixed some meory leaks.

	* Implemented cleaner API for invoking tasks in workers

	* Updated the documentation

2008-02-25  hemant kumar  <hemant at shire>

	* Commited Patch by Alex which lets BackgrounDRb to have command line
arguments and loading of specific environments
	through command line argument.

2008-02-14  hemant kumar  <hemant at shire>

	* Added TestCases for Cron Triggers, Meta Workers and stuff. We are
heading towards proper code coverage with test/spec.

	* Added preliminary support for starting a worker on demand through
scheduler. What it means is, when you have a worker which is getting
	scheduled very less frequently and you don't want the worker to
persist, you can ask BackgrounDRb to restart the worker on each
schedule.

	* Fixed some unreported issues with writing data to socket between
workers and stuff.

	* Fixed issues with too many open connections, because connections
were not getting closed. BackgrounDRb now opens only one connection,
which is
	reused throughout the lifecycle of rails application.

	* Fixed all outstanding issues with Cron triggers, BackgrounDRb now
explicitly depends on "chronic" gem.

	* Removed Framework directory and BackgrounDRb now explicitly depends
on packet gem.

We also did lot of work on documentation and new docs are available at:

http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org

Credits:
* Dale cook for helping out with documentation.
* Alex for awesome patches.
* Ezra and Skaar for taking BackgrounDRb so far.
* Francis Cianfrocca for EventMachine and inspiration.

http://gnufied.org