[Backgroundrb-devel] zombie packet_worker

Reynard reynard.list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:31:19 EDT 2008

I have just upgraded to the latest version, and now I have problem with lots
of packet_worker process hanging around

26820 pts/3    Z      0:03 [packet_worker_r] <defunct>

basically, I always create a new worker and call exit after it's done, so
multiple process can be running at the same time. with the old version
(before using packet), it deletes the process after it's done, now it
doesn't seem to delete it. has the API change? I cannot find anything in the
website documentation.
This is my worker code:

def create(args = nil)
  # do work