[Backgroundrb-devel] best approach to managing workers and getting status

Frank Schwach f.schwach at uea.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 07:00:16 EDT 2008

Hemant,
These latest additions to backgroundrb look pretty cool. Unfortunately,
I don't think I will be able to use it this way because in my setup I
can't run anything on the cluster nodes directly. I have to submit jobs
to a queuing system on the cluster's master node, which is why I think a
simple daemon running on the master node that polls the (remote) db for
pending jobs and then submits these to the queue would probably be
better for my case - but I'm far from being an expert on distributed
systems so any suggestions are very welcome!

--
Dr Frank Schwach