[Backgroundrb-devel] job queuing?

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:16:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Rue Turner <rue at thinlayer.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> Did I hear correctly that bgrb has a job queuing engine built in so you can
> inject jobs into a queue and the bgrb pick them up and get on with the work?
> If so can anyone point me at any docs or if not, what solutions are you using?
> thanks

Not exactly how others do, but mechanism is something like this:

class HelloWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker
  set_worker_name :hello_worker
  def enque_task args
     thread_pool.defer(args) do |block_args|
        # do some work here

>From Controller:

So depending upon your thread pool size, that many of tasks will run
concurrently and rest of them will be in queue.