[Backgroundrb-devel] Backgroundrb fixes for transfering large amounts of data

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:40:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Mike Evans <mike at metaswitch.com> wrote:
> Hemant
> Thanks for the quick response - I'll admit I hadn't resynced for a week
> or so!  Agreed that non-blocking reads make more sense for the client.

You meant blocking!

> We're still testing with a patched version of packet-0.1.5 and the svn
> release of backgroundrb because of the problems we hit getting RoR model
> objects to load properly on the worker tasks with the latest code - have
> you found a fix for this yet?

Yeah,  you will find model loading behavior much more reliable in
current git version of backgroundrb. Also, I did get in your fix, so
no need to worry. Basically, there are only two ways:

1. Get that damn regexp correct.
2. Load entire models, plugins everything explicitly, because just

I went for option#1, to keep your bdrb worker process lean.
All, in all, with git version of bdrb and packet, everything should be
much more smoother.